Why is life so bewildering? Just when I think I have the world figured out, my very paradigm is disturbed, its foundation cracked and its limbs dismembered, leaving me cynical and positive that the world and its residents are paradoxes.
It's hard to come to college. One of the reasons that this challenge is so difficult is because you realize that the ideals you once held, and the ambitions you once dreamed of, are not attainable. Or, you realize that these dreams and hopes have roadblocks to reaching them that complicate the path that you once believed to be so effortlessly tread.
Why does reality so often inflict on me with an overwhelming weariness? The future leave me exhausted with expectations of decade upon decade of responsibility and decisions? I yearn for the carefree indolence of my youth, which I spent in expectant anxiousness for the onset of my adulthood that would allegedly procure the autonomy I desired. Yet, the added self-sufficiency of college brings me little joy, for its price is paid for by the arduous burden of responsibility. Responsibility, heavier than any pack, is my most loyal companion. Yet it is a sneering, aggravating companion, who knows that its company is dreaded and seems to take a gruesome delight in this fact.
Life will continue, wearing out the soul. Yet the soul will have to weather these torrential storms. One would think that eventually, the soul would wear thin and tear from such harsh abuse, yet the soul is of a thicker fiber. Every moment in which the sun shines, the soul absorbs, for it is in these fleeting moments that life is made worthwhile, and the soul can see that the path is clear and not too far. This is essentially those moments in which a human feels the emotion of happiness. Because happiness is the soul healing. It is the soul resting.
No comments:
Post a Comment