One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating. ~Luciano Pavarotti and William Wright
Today I ate pounds and pounds of food. I couldn't help myself--there it was, the barbecued hamburgers, lemon marinade chicken, dripping, juicy watermelon, pink strawberry fruit salad, slow cooked homemade baked beans, fresh yellow corn, and four different types of cookies (lemon drop, gooey caramel brownies, chocolate and white chocolate chip, and rice krispies). Of course I ate way too much, and of course people teased me about how much I managed to pack in, again. It's not my fault that I can eat 5 or 6 cookies without blinking, yet society deems me unusual.
I don't plan on becoming obese, and I suppose that I'd better slow down to avoid doing so, but I find great pleasure in food, and not in a sinful way. I think that one of life's greatest pleasures is eating a deliciously hearty meal. So yes, I will worry about eating too many cookies later. I will go swimming and take walks to rid myself of all these excess calories, but sometimes, it makes more sense to give in to that gooey brownie than berate myself for the excess calories. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment