Tuesday, March 6, 2012

A Happy Second

I'm so excited for the near future, whatever the "far" future may bring. Even if everything doesn't work out quite like I planned (often, things never do), I am content to look forward to this future with enthusiasm, ignorant of how things may actually turn out and knowing that things will certainly change. After all, what is happiness but a blissful second: a moment in which the happiness that is normally thought to reside only with the hopes of tomorrow and the memories of yesterday is stolen from the future and brought to the present. Of course, there is always something to worry about, but I have learned that I need to take all the happiness I can get. I am excited for spring--renewal, flowers, warmth, small breezes, large showers. I'm excited for summer--hot days, warm nights, sprinklers on the lawn, and (dare I say it?) the land across the pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment