Some people have asked me recently why I love the Pac Northwest. It was hard to explain in the moment, and that got me thinking. So I figured I'd make a post about it.
1. I love the green, the inevitable green that comes along with the rain. The trees seem bigger, taller, greener, and more mysterious. There is more wildness to it, more depth to the woods there.
2. The ocean and the Puget Sound. It adds character to the landscape. With the deep slopes in the distance and the salty smell and the perfect, clear air, how could I not love this place?
3. I love the drama that the clouds and the darkness add. Someone once said that those who feel the lowest lows can feel the highest highs; why can't it be the same with weather? When we do get sunshine in the Pac NW, it is all that much sweeter.
There's so many more reasons to love my homeland, but here are a few more:
Photo credit: Photo 1
Photo 2
Photos 3 and 4: National Geographic
Photo 5
Photo 6
Photo 7






No comments:
Post a Comment