Let's be honest. I do think about resolutions every new year, but I've grown old enough to learn that I'm not exactly the best at keeping them. So, I've thought that it's a better chance for me to think of retrolutions. In retrospect, what is it that I did the past year? What was I better at this year than I have been in the past? What things do I wish I had done differently? Then, you feel like you might have actually accomplished something instead of frittering your resolutions away.
I had a lovely Christmas break in the always wet, always rainy, but always beautiful Pacific Northwest. This year's break seemed different than in years past. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it's the fact that I'm graduating from college this year, and depending on what happens with my life, I don't know for sure when the next time I'll be able to go home is. Maybe it's that home seems more like some place that I'm visiting at, as sad as that seems.
And, as always, New Year's Eve disappointed. I was sick with a cold, so I had to stay home and watch the ball drop in New York on TV. Talk about anticlimactic! But when has New Year's Eve ever been remotely as exciting as you had originally wanted it to be? Please let me know!
No comments:
Post a Comment