Wednesday, June 1, 2011
The Provo Rep
I think it's funny that people think that Provo is the hot spot for quick marriages and plenty of dating. Sure, there are those special few that give and maintain this marriage-crazy rep, but about 80% of my friends haven't experienced this at all. Especially not me. And I'm not whining about it, I just think it's funny that people have this skewed view of this town. You have to make just as much of an effort, if not more if you want a date. Not that I make much of an effort, but just think about it. If you're an LDS young single adult living in a mostly non-LDS area and you are only interested in dating LDS people, your options are much more limited, and therefore you are much more likely to be asked out if you're an average girl, because you don't have to stand out as much in a crowd. (Okay, I know my math is probably off, and my reasoning too...but it seems to make sense to me). But go to a place where almost everyone is LDS and you are just another option on the far too large "menu." I kind of hate the dating scene in Provo. It has too much of a reputation and seems like some sick and twisted. It's so much easier to look over someone or get looked over because there's about 20,000 other LDS kids available to date. Sounds romantic, right? :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment