Friday, August 26, 2011

Growing Pains

I'm back in Utah. So many freshman on campus, and the funny thing is that they look so young. Why is that always the case? I met some new friends in the next building over, and they assumed that my roommates and I were all freshman or sophomores. Why is it that I'm the old one now? Wasn't it just the other day that I was yearning for freedom, yearning to add years to my age so I could enjoy the privileges of a life as an adult? Of course there are many things that I enjoy about being older and having more freedom, but I guess I never really contemplated all the worry, all the responsibility that comes with being older, especially all the worry about money and love and the future. I think perhaps the beauty of childhood is that one never realizes that they are going to have these burdens and cares. They are happy and blissful and carefree. Adults can only pretend to be carefree.

1 comment: