Friday, August 12, 2011

Sunsick


I've been sick the whole week, and it makes me even sicker to look outside at the lovely sunshine and feel like I've wasted the whole week laying in bed and hoping this bug will leave me alone so I can enjoy the last days of my summer. I absolutely hate being cramped up inside when it is sunny and lovely outside; it makes me feel like I've wasted this precious gift of sunshine that has been given the the earth, a gift that will never come back. I'm feeling dizzy and quite exhausted still, but I am determined to go outside today, even if it's only to my backyard! And another thing...how horrible is being sick in the summer? It's bad enough to be sick in the winter, but at least then you know that you aren't missing out on a warm sunny day, and it's cold outside, so there's something of a solace in snuggling up under your blankets and sleeping your sickness away. But in the summer, no. In the summer, it's hot, so you get confused as to if your fever is derived from the outdoor temperature or your own internal thermostat, and your hear children playing outside and the ice cream truck roll by and generally feel that everyone must be having a lovely, summery time but you! HUMPH! Ok, I'm done ranting <3. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment